Friday, January 10, 2014

Wilton Revisited - The Final Cupcake

A week ago I blogged about how I was asked to make cupcake's for a baby shower. I was thrilled! I really want to try and take my cupcake decorations up a notch this year and I decided this shower was as good a time as any. After looking through my Wilton cake decorating books, I took the courses years ago, I followed the "directions" from book two on how to make the Apple Blossom. They don't really look like an Apple Blossom, but they did end up looking like sweet little flowers.

I was leery of using them, experimenting with the cupcakes that weren't needed for the shower, and I ended up loving them! The colors were hot and pale pink and the little white flowers looked so sweet against the pale pink frosting. But, I wasn't convinced how sweet they would look against the hot pink. I played around with sanding sugars in white and pink. It did nothing for the presentation. I ended up using white beads and hot pink dusting. Loved it! And, I alternated using flowers on both shades of pink, the white beads, and dusting. I loved how they turned out!

Here are is the final result. And, the ladies of the shower were happy. A perfect ending!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment